Renovating a house or building a store? Read this first
Glass has been in continuous use for a very long time, and its number of applications is truly mind-boggling. From mirrors to windshields, and bottles, glass is one of the most widely used commodities in the world. Among all its myriad uses, the use of glass in construction is particularly interesting. From the artistic glass mosaic to the utilitarian mirror splashback, they are extensively used.
Here, we will be taking a look at two of the most applications of glass in real estate development, that is, mirror splashback and frameless glass shopfront, and try to understand their essentiality in our everyday lives. So, let’s start.
The glass and mirror splashback
Almost every household has a kitchen and a cooking stove, and these emit a lot of dirt, soot, and grime while cooking. These loose nuisances stick to the walls that surround the cooking area, thereby destroying them and creating an unhygienic environment. Tiles are one of the most common implements that were used for a very long period to defend against these irritants, but it was soon discovered that they had their drawbacks. The tile joints trapped a large amount of grime and were extremely difficult to clean. The tiles also faded after some time, thanks to the extensive exposure to heat and pollutants. This is where a glass splashback comes into play, as these substitute the tiles, and play the role very effectively. There are several advantages that they bring to the kitchen table, as we shall see.
- They are easy to install- Modern construction techniques have come a long way, and the glass splashbacks are no different. You may be under the impression that installing a glass panel would be extremely difficult, but you would be surprised to learn that the entire process can be executed within a single day. The glass works would take the sizes, and fabricate the perfect set based on your preferences. Once the fabrication process is done, it is pretty simple from then on as all that would be left is to screw the pieces in and fit them. This is a significant advantage that splashbacks have over tiles as they do not need weeks to be installed, unlike tiles.
Visit Our Other Website: Coins-Hint PSJ,
- Easier to clean- As we have already pointed out, tiles are joined together, thereby leaving out spaces between tiles and this captures a large amount of dirt and grime, which needs to be scraped out after periodic intervals to maintain the basic hygiene levels. A glass splashback negates these issues as they are extremely easy to clean, and a good wipe-down would do the job.
- They are heat-resistant- As we already mentioned, tiles are ill-suited to handle the rigours of constant heat exposure and get discoloured pretty easily. Glass is highly tolerant to high temperatures, and won’t crack or get discoloured easily.
- They are attractive- Bored of bland wall tiles that come in similar shades and designs? Well, if that is the case, then you should check out splashbacks as they come in a wide variety of colours and designs that can even be modified to suit our personal tastes and preferences. A mirror splashback can lend a wider appearance, and make the kitchen seem larger than it is.
These are some of the primary reasons that strengthen the case for the glass splashback. If you are looking forward to getting one installed, you should do your research beforehand, so that you can get the best results there. Now, let us take a look at the second application.
Frameless glass shopfront
If you are looking to give your shop a new look and a touch of modernity and futurism, then the frameless glass shopfront is here to help. From windows to gates, and shopfronts, glasses can be used in a wide array of applications to make the establishment look enticing and marvellous. Here are a few advantages that a frameless glass storefront would bring to the table.
- Security- Fortifying a store with walls and steel gates isn’t an option, but these glass storefronts can prove to be an attractive yet secure option. These storefronts are constructed out of tempered or toughened glasses that are much stronger than conventional panes and do not break into shards but shatter into tiny pieces. This can be a great addition for stores.
- Customization- Every business comes with its own set of unique requirements, and the frameless glass shopfront can be easily customized to suit each necessity without much issue, thereby being perfectly optimized for each application.
- Traffic- By employing these glass storefronts, you would be able to deliver a proper and lucrative display of your commodities, and that is something that would draw potential customers to your store. This will boost sales immensely, and help your business grow.
- Thermal efficiency- These glasses that are used to construct glass storefronts are highly insulative, and would protect against heatwaves. This would in turn help cut down on power bills, and boost profitability.
Glass as a construction material has come a long way, and applications like that of a mirror splashback are gaining popularity. If you are looking to get one done, it is advisable that you do your proper research, and get them made and installed only from the best out there.